How it works in 2019:
This is in addition to our normal NSCA tournament, not in replacement of.
There will be 3 divisions and placement in the 3 divisions will be based on 2018 averages and while shooting NSCA events at MVC&SS. The three divisions have NOTHING to do with NSCA classification. If you aren’t NSCA registered and/or don’t have a history of shooting tournaments at MVC’s, your average will be determined after participation in three of the 100 target Sporting Clays events within the series. 2019 first, second and third place winners in the Willamette Valley and Columbia River divisions will automatically move up to the higher division in 2020.
- Hood Division: average of 80 and higher;
- Columbia River Division: average of 70-79;
- Willamette Valley Division: average of 69 and below.
- Mature Guns (55 and older)
- Belle Guns (all Ladies)
- Young Guns (21 and under)
Points: a maximum of 100 points is available from each 75 target FITASC Main event or 100 target Sporting event. Points will be awarded based on chronological order of score from highest to lowest. Example:
Tournament high score – 100 points
2nd highest score – 99 points
3rd highest score – 98 points
4th highest score – 97 points
5th highest score – 96 points
6th highest score – 95 points
7th highest score – 94 points
8th highest score – 93 points
9th highest score – 92 points
10th highest score – 91 points
11th highest score – 90 points
. . . and so on.
Two ways to build Bonus Points –
- Bonus Points Method #1: Shoot a side event (FITASC, Sub-gauge, Sporting or Super Sporting) that is offered the same day or the same weekend as the 75 or 100 target Main event(s), or any registered standalone non-sporting event, and you will receive 10 bonus points for each event.
- Bonus Points Method #2: Extra points from side events based on NSCA classification and Hunter classification, this is in addition to Bonus Points Method #1!
- Example: No matter how many shooters are in your NSCA class or Hunter:
- First place in class receives 3 bonus points;
- Second place in class receives 2 bonus points;
- Third place in class receives 1 bonus point.
There are 9 events in the series. Your lowest score from one of the first 8 Main events in the series will be dropped – this could be the zero you took when you couldn’t make it because you over-slept your alarm. Fall Classic is a required event as we will crown winners after the event and draw for prizes. Your name will go into the bucket once each time you participate in any of the events in the series. Woohoo!
Shoot-offs will break all ties that exist as of the Fall Classic in September. This gets our shooters used to shooting in front of others just like at a BIG SHOOT.
First, second and third in each of the three divisions will win some nice prizes. First in each of the concurrent divisions will also take home some bling.